What I can do for you
Architect and build a new software productYou want to create a new software product and need someone to design and build it for you? I can help you decide on an architecture that fits your needs and help you get started.
Continue development on a legacy applicationYou have a legacy application that needs to be maintained. Continuing developing a legacy application can be tricky. I can help with continuing development and modernizing while maintaining it.
Train your developers how to build modern softwareYour developers are valuable and the development industry moves really fast. You can hire me to train your developers in using modern programming practices like OOP, applying SOLID practices and building maintainable applications.
Improve your deployment strategyDo you have an application that is hard to deploy? I can help improving your deployment strategy by automating the deployment itself and even automate testing if the deployment is successful.
Hey, I’m Robert-Jan de Dreu. Do you want to hire me or find out more about what I can do for you? Feel free to contact me on one of the following methods.
What I’m experienced with
While the list below is certainly not complete, it will give you a broad overview of the tools that I have experience with on a professional level. Feel free to give me a call, when you want to know if I have experience with a certain tool that is not listed.
- Object oriented programming
- Hexagonal architecture / Clean Architecture
- SOLID design
- TDD, BDD, DDD
- CQS, CQRS
- Knowledge about Event sourcing
- Zend Certified Engineer
- Symfony Framework 3/4/5, Kohana 3, Zend Framework 3, Laminas 3
- PHPunit, PHPSpec and Behat
- PHPMD, PHPCS, PHPlint, PHPCPD, Security Checker
- Backbone, Marionette, Angular 1
- RequireJS, JQuery, UnderscoreJs
- NPM, Bower, Grunt
- Twitter Bootstrap
Persistence, Databases, Queuing
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
Deployment & Provisioning
- Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Vagrant, VirtualBox
- Capistrano 3, Ansible
- Travis CI, Bamboo, Ant, Make
- Hashicorp Nomad & Consul
Development & productivity tools
- Git, SVN
- GitHub, Gitlab, Slack
- Jira, PivotalTracker, Trello
- OAuth 2 (Experience with implementing Servers and Clients)
- Dutch (primary language)
Dev Ops & System Administration
- Linux Alpine/Ubuntu/Debian/Centos, Windows
- Apache, Nginx